Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sales traing

I conducted a program on Cold Calling the other day, and this what struck me. The training that most reps get doesn't really work, and yet, when the hear something that has additional depth to it they go deaf!

Does that make any sense to you?

Here I am teaching how to get appointments, that will, in fact work better than hanging up when a person says no thanks, and they still hang up. they don't even try to turn the objection around and get the appointment. They just hang up. What's with that!

This is all very frustrating for me, personally. Even if they don't believe in CC they have to do it for their job, their ratios stink, they cannot get through half the time, and even when they do, they don't know what to say to the other person.

Go figure.

Good selling, Steve

3 comments:

Karl Goldfield said...

Stephan,

I just reviewed one of your books on my blog as my inaguraul review! Many of your ideas are relevant and withstand the test of time. While I gave it my honest opinion and do not agree with everything you present, I did list it as a MUST READ!!!

Regarding the deaf ear. I start all of my trainings, especially with new groups by getting people to buy in. I simply explain to people that the course is optional and if they do not want to make more money they can go back to work. Then I say if they stay, they have to be willing to open up to concepts they are onot used to or that have given then headache. If they are willing to do that, I will make their job more exciting and more lucrative.

If anyone leaves or does not abide, I know they are not long for sales.

Karl Goldfield
Coaching Sales Champions
http://karlgoldfield.blogspot.com

Nancy Swiezy said...

DEI sales trading changed my life!

I had the good future to work for D.E.I. quite a few years ago. His program has changed my life.
I am now fearless telemarketer and have started my own company
So worth investing in!!!!
Nancy Swiezy
www, anewportaffaire.com
Newportweddings.blogspot.com
Soon to come a web site on
Special Event marketing

Stephan Schiffman said...

thank you both.

steve