Saturday, August 30, 2008

Do the Math!

I was with a client the other day, and we were thinking how to prove out that sales training, coaching, etc. really does work.

There has never been a successfully used formula, and I was stuck until we came across the obvious. Suppose that we simple tried, and did get, all the reps to 70% of the their target...what would that do for the company. Now, understand, we do not mean an average, but that the reps would all be at 70% or better of their target, how would that affect the over all sales of the company.

We did the math, and it is great!

Give some thought to this a goal for you, or your sales team. It is something that can be proved out, it will take six months of working with the team, but it is a realistic number to work with. That's the plan that we came up with, and I will let you know how that goes.

The summer is over, its time to get back to work in earnest. This weekend is the time that I sit down and make the list of all the people that I will contact over the fall for new business. Do the same thing. Instead of sitting for three days wondering what will happen, make something happen for your self,

If you thought that I was AWOL for a while, you were looking in the wrong place, but more about that at another time. Things are exciting here, and I cannot wait to tell you about it. I am having a great time now. There is no need, so I see now, to stress out over the beginning of the week. Plan it, do it, and bask in it!

Good selling....let's GO!

Steve

1 comment:

Max Rosenthal said...

Steve - I follow the idea here and it makes good sense. What I dont follow is placing the target @ 70% of plan. If that is the real number why would quotas not be adjusted? If that isnt the real number why use it?