Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ideas

So it is Wednesday, raining out side, and fully a crappy day to sell. I remember long ago when I was faced with another day like this. I was selling for a magazine, and the rain came down. I thought to myself, why should I be out there. I would just get wet! So, I went to the movies thinking that no one would be there, after all it was 12noon. To my surprise every other sales person in New York was doing the same thing. There they were with their samples kits or brief cases. I stood there, and it was then that I said I will never be like them. I turned around and walked out the find a prospect or two. I was sure, and still am, that was the best decision I made in my life.

good selling,

Steve

2 comments:

NJ Too Hottie said...

Steve,
That is a great story....I was in a slump this morning...and the rain didnt help...not feeling great but I picked up the telephone to call a person who had bought a product on a website just to ask about his company and we got into a conversation - and it turns out he loves what my company does and he is a big decision maker at his firm - so I asked to meet him this Friday morning and I closed an appointment. While I was on the phone with him, I got a return phone call from a 2 day old voice mail I had left and this was a very nice person who apologized for being busy (wow!) and told me to call him on Monday. (I had left him a referral voice mail on Monday - and did not expect much)

Those two calls made my morning - because I made it happen before lunch..like you say.

Stephan Schiffman said...

Hope you are still reading this blog, and keeping me up to date.

ss