Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday, oh wonderful Sunday

Sunday is one of those days that seems to be on the sales person's mind more than any other day. Perhaps that is because it is the day that we plan out the week, or at least the week becomes real for us. I get up early most days, Sunday included. But instead of the day taking its time...so to speak, I usually use this time, in the morning to plan out the week. This week I have several sales calls in New York, Philly and then in Europe for the day. Next week I go to LA for most of the week. So, it is important that I really plan out two weeks in advance. I need to think about what it is that I will need for the next few days, then next week. On Monday I have to prepare for next Monday as well.

So, what does all this mean. It means that for the Sales person who doesn't have the organizational skills necessary, Monday is the worst day of their lives. They struggle to get through the day, trying to plan on the fly. And that does NOT work.

If you are reading this, and it happens to be a Sunday, make sure you sit down and plan. If this is another day of the week, at least mark off next Sunday as the day you will plan for the up coming week.

I am not saying that enjoy all of this, but what I am telling you is that it pays off in a big way. Good Selling. BTW check out the web site for .

Steve

No comments: