Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Obsession

I was with a sales rep yesterday who was so upset he could hardly speak. When I asked him what the problem was he said that he had lost a deal he had been working on for the last six months, and could not get over it.

I understand that we all want to make the big sales, even the little ones, but the one thing that I DO NOT want you to do is become so obsessed over it that you cannot see your way through the forest.

Everyone has their hot buttons, the little, or big, things that gets them crazy. And, to be frank, I have met my fair share of nut cases in the world. (No, you are NOT one of them!). We have to learn to control those obsessions or they will take over the day, like it was doing to this sales rep. Focus on making sales every day, and let the ones that are not going to happen, happen that way. Do the best you can, and move on to better and even bigger thing!

Good Selling,

Steve

No comments: