Saturday, June 7, 2008

TIME AGAIN

I am working on the new book "The Organized Salesperson" and have finished the 3rd chapter.

Whenever I start these projects it brings me back to my roots, when I had to master the skills that I teach now. So, let me give you some thoughts about time:

You waste about 60% of you day
You need to have a plan for your personal success
You should know your ratios: how many appointments to how many sales, etc.
You need to track your time every hour of every day
You need to keep some form of benchmark so you know how far you have traveled

Give these some thoughts, and if you have anything else to add, write.

Good Selling,

Steve

1 comment:

Defmall said...

Tnis is such important advice; so basic and yet everyone forgets or ignores it.

All the way back at my first sales job, I kept a 'tally sheet'' of what I accomplished each hour. We've implemented this process one way or another all thru my career and the firms I have worked for.

It also does not hurt that I have spent over 10 years selling products to make an office and a workk area more organized and more efficient...so I can be 'organized' as well as having my day laid out in front of me.

(The faster you find that quote, order, notes or what have you...the more effective and efficient you become).

Great blog, Steve. I like these 'meatier' popsts better than the more whimsical ones...but I have always been a fan of yours.