Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It is Wednesday, over the hump!

Thank you all for attending the on line seminar that I just completed. There were at least people from overseas as well as the us on the line. It was great.

I am always happiest when I get to Wednesday. Its like the hump is over and now we wind down. The problem today is that I am so wound up because of the webinar that it is hard to come down. Everything went well, and we had great participation! Can not tell you how much that means to me. Also, more and more people are finding their way to here, and I am getting off line comments. Do not be afraid to leave a comment or two here.

selling is great but remember:
prospect like there is no tomorrow
know your stuff
be prepared for anything, it will happen
be nice
do something kind today and maybe tomorrow, too
take some time to think about what you have accomplished, you have done allot
call someone that you want to do business with and just tell them that!
take a breather, enjoy it, its not that serious all the time


Good selling, Steve

contact us at www.dei-sales.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Thanks for the blog. I find myself checking in almost daily now. So, please keep writing.

Also, as an FYI of to what I like most is the honest and regular-guy writing that you are doing. Most of the sales guys out there make me wonder if they ever sold a thing. They definitely wouldn't have written about being stiffed for an appointment.

It happened to me last week, twice, I drove an hour to an appointment that I confirmed the day before. When I showed up, they told me she had just left for vacation. It's nuts. It doesn't happen that often but it happens to me and now I know if happens to you too. And that's "sales" life.

So, thanks again and keep writing. I would love for you to write about your daily calls and what happened during the calls. Its why I originally bought your book. I liked knowing how many calls I would need to make in a day.

Scott NJ

Anonymous said...

Steve,

I also enjoy reading your blog. Are you going to have a online training seminar based on the telesales book? thanks!

Anonymous said...

"Also, as an FYI of to what I like most is the honest and regular-guy writing that you are doing."

I total agree and thank you too, Stephan.

I actually had a person follow a link back to this post on my website where I talk about you. He came to read about another person's "no cold calling" approach and then complained about you because: "In my city cold calling certainly does not work anymore."

Then he said your techniques were part of the problem and no wonder you had such a bad Amazon.com rank from readers.

This puzzled me for a minute so I looked on Amazon and found a ton of books from you, most rated 4-5 stars by the readers. Reassuring, because you're one of my favorite authors.

Now don't get me wrong, he seemed like a nice fellow and I'm glad he came by. I just finished working on my blog today converting it from Blogger to WordPress and it was a pleasant surprise seeing my first SALES RELATED comment on it.

Hint hint... you're all welcome to swing by and help me break the place in.

The address is ChristophDollis.com — the place to come for more appointments, more people in the door, and more sales!(sm)

Keep in great spirits.

Stephan Schiffman said...

Hey guys thanks for the comments. CC does work, and the books have sold for 30 years. But since the guy was mean-spirited, let it go. I don't care. I will vist you, maybe today. regards, steve