Saturday, September 1, 2007

Labor Day weekend

This has always been one of the most productive weekends that I have all year. For one thing, there is no business to be done today, tomorrow or Monday. It is a really day off on Monday, and there is nothing to prepare for the first day of the week.

What to do, what to do?

For me that answer is clear, sometime this holiday I will take a look at my notes and contacts for the past 9 months and evaluate what, if anything I could have done differently. This means be really, really, really honest with myself.

Then, I go through my business cards, outlook contacts, our CRM and come up with a list of people that I should call. I will put this on legal sized paper, and begin the process this weekend. Yes, this weekend. I know that I will not get anyone in, yet everyone I know has voice mail. I will leave messages, and they will be returned.

With Outlook, I can send emails to the people that I want to contact, and just tell them that I thinking of them which is true.

I will get emails back.

Finally, I will think about my existing clients and come to some conclusion how I can help them do better. Maybe there will be an idea or two that will come to mind. If so, I will suggest it. We have a new product, in fact, that might lend itself to some of these customers.

And when I am done, I will relax. After all I deserve it now.

Good selling, Steve

By the way check out the the new listing in Myspace! and Linked.


1 comment:

b60boy said...

Steve,

I have read almost all your books but you never talk about CRM software to manage a pipeline and accounts. What is your thoughts on how to manage people, accounts and pipeline via software CRM?

Thanks,

Doug