Friday, October 19, 2007

I did a public webinar yesterday and got a very interesting question. The person asked me what do I say when someone (the prospect) says to me that "you are higher than your competition."

I answered it this way:
First I am not sure whether that is a statement or an objection. And since I do not know which, I usually wait for a second or two to see their reaction to my non-answer. Usually they go on and expand on their statement. It may go away after that and then it means nothing. If they say it with "meaning", that its an objection then I react differently. I say "yes" it is higher. That's it! There is not much more to say at this point. After all that maybe the truth so why defend it.

Now, let us say the person says you have to beat the price. That is whole different discussion since it is up to your company to do that or not.

The point is, don't assume that everything that is said to you is an objection, sometimes it is just a statement.

Good Selling,

Steve

No comments: