Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I am writing a new book, and maybe you can help me out. I am seeking sales people who have been selling for 20+years and are between the ages of 55-65. If you are that person, or know someone who is, turn them on to me.

Just briefly, sales went well this week. I closed three deals, with another at about 90%. The key to selling, which I have mentioned is to be prepared. Therefore:

1 always verify your thoughts with the prospect
2 tell the prospect what it is you expect from them: don't surprise them
3 involve other members of your team in the sales process
4 call the prospect often so they get used to taking your call, and the will learn to return it, too!
5 it is a business relationship, don't fool yourself in thinking it is anything else.

Good Selling,

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephan,

My name is Diana Fithian and I work with RDF USA, the documentary-style TV production company that produces Wife Swap for ABC, Don’t Forget the Lyrics for FOX, and The Two Coreys for A&E among others. We are currently developing a documentary series that follows the everyday drama of a telemarketing call center.

I was doing research on telemarketing and phone sales today and I ran across your books on the subject(have read excerpts and plan to read one or two cover-to-cover soon) and this blog; I've found it all very interesting. I was wondering if you might be willing to speak with me at your convenience about phone sales and what segments of the industry you find most dramatic and high-stakes. My office number is 646-747-7902, and my email is diana.fithian@rdfusa.com. Please feel free to call or email me anytime. Thanks for your time.

All the best,

Diana

Max Rosenthal said...

Mr. Schiffman - I would be honored to be of any assistance with your new book. I am a strong believer in your methodologies and incorporate them into my daily sales routine.

Max Rosenthal