Friday, October 12, 2007

LA and surrounding area

I am back from LA and the surrounding area. I had one of the hardest days of travel seeing new prospects. Four meetings in one day, and traveling up and down the SoCal area.

I did that by having a clear set of pre-arranged appointments so I knew where I was going to be and how to schedule them properly.

One of the things that I notice is that sales people don't have clear goals for the day. Like the Army you should have an "order for the day."

Here are some ideas:
1. Plan out completely your sales calls ahead of time.
2. Make sure you have enough material in case someone extra shows up
3. If you have to be late...which I never forgive...make sure you have the right telephone number and your cell phone with you
4. Make sure that you have something valuable to share with the prospect. Simply telling them about your company is never enough
5.Don't forget to close on the next meeting


More tomorrow, btw, if you have any to add, let me know.

Good selling,

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve
I am currently starting my own online advertising business and have been preparing by reading your book "Cold Calling Techniques". Just wanted to let you know that you are a great writer and have made me more positive.

Stephan Schiffman said...

thank you very much. I really appreciate that. Stay with this blog, and you will gbet, I hope, some more ideas.

steve