Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Learn this

The hardest part of a sale is not getting it. Most sales managers would have you believe that it is not personal, just part of the 'game'. Not me. I think that it is very personal, and the more that you take it hard, the better off you will be.

Of course, I do not mean go into some depression. Far from that.

But at the same time, I want you to be so mad that the only way you can see your way out of it is by getting even and making a new sales.

In order to do that you need to know how my appointments to how many prospects to how many sales. By backing into these numbers you will be able to calculate what your numbers must be.

So, why do I want you to take it personally, because it is! yes, they said no to you. You were rejected and it hurts.

Go with that feeling, and sell.

Good selling, Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about taking one's profession SERIOUSLY... it's not a joke even though work itself can and should be fun, more often than not.

But what a person regularly does defines who they are so you should do it like you mean it.

Oh, Steve, have you had a chance to give me your opinion on my new site yet as you said you would?

Anonymous said...

Afterthought: Hey, if you could leave a comment for me that would be great. The post from September 16th is largely about you.