Saturday, November 3, 2007

THANKS

Thanks for your kind notes and emails. The trip to Saudi was really great. I was able to meet with several new clients with the franchisees in the Mideast. I also gave three different presentations. As always I learned allot about myself and then about selling. I have this process of thinking about sales and the way that we sell.Here are some of the things that I brought up in Saudi:

We all want to be the "trusted advisor" in the sales pyramid. The only issue is how we get to the top. I was speaking and realized that there are three skills needed to be the "THE" sales person; the one that is sought out. First we need to have a god handle on our product.
This means that product knowledge is essential.

The second is that we need to have a clear understanding of our client. This truly means that we understand what they DO not simply what they buy from us.

And finally, we need to be able to communicate effortlessly with the client about them and us! Communication without the other two is meaningless.


I told people in the Kingdom that we have a great job, being in sales. At the same time, we need to hone our skills.

Let me know your thoughts.

Good selling,

Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammy here from FINANCIAL ADVISOR NETZONE:http://ontrackmoney.blogspot.com

I love all your stuff, Steve, and will be including a link to DEI and to the blog on my website. Would love it if you would do the same.

I would truly enjoy having you do a webinar for my subscribers (around 9,000 financial services pros) sometime in the near future.

I host webinars with some of the top professionals in their fields. This Tuesday I am hosting a marketing webinar with Mark Satterfield and in December Stephen Van Yoder of "Get Slightly Famous" will be presenting.

I would love to have you do a sales training webinar for us.

Contact me:
Tammy
tammy@radiantcom.com