Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Good Morning

My spell check on this blog has failed to show up, so this really sucks. Excuse the typos that you see, but it is driving me nuts.

Sales is one of those things that is highly risky. I flew last week to two different cities, big trips, to see if I can get two deals closed. And while I thought the meetings went well, the only way you really know that if it happens the way that you think it will is by geting thew deal closed. In the mean time, it is a waiting game.

What should a sales person do while waiting for some action?
1. create more prospects
2. Call on exisiting accounts
3. have some coffee
4. stay home

The answer is obvious...but I wonder what answer that you would put in. Good selling,

Steve

BTW: what answer do you think that I would say?

4 comments:

Vegas Vic said...

Hi Steve,

I think that calling on new prospects is what i think you would say, after all we need to keep the funnel full. I have a question, I am in media sales and one of the problems i sometimes run into is not being able to meet in person with all my clients. what recomendations would you give for that?

Stephan Schiffman said...

thanks for the question. The first question that I will ask you, is why can you not meet with them. Is it distance? Nevertheless, the fact that you cannot doesn't mean that you cannot have a meaningful relationship. Set up real time phone appointments with clients, and call them often. More to the point, find reasons to call them, with an idea, a suggestion or just with the opening that you were "thinking of them."

ss

Vegas Vic said...

Thanks Steve, and to answer your question it is distance. Thanks for the response.

Anonymous said...

Don't you sometimes tell sales people to back off and take the day off from selling. Are you sure of your answer here?