Sunday, November 25, 2007

Good morning

Good morning you sales people. How are you today. I see that more of you are reading this, so I will have to pick up the pace of writing. People have told me that when there are comments, it means that their are that many more people reading the blog.

Do any of you have your own blog. If you tell me I will check it out. Maybe even give you my opinion on what you are writing about.

This holiday has been a good one for me. I am up at my place, alone, this time, writing and thinking about sales, and the people that I have worked with over the years. I had the opportunity to view a DVD of a speech that I did a number of weeks ago. It is always interesting to be my own critic. I also learn from them, since there are things that I say that sound so great!????

Who know how great they are.

I had a problem last week, I get this call from anothertrainer telling me that the new book that I am to release, Stephan Schiffman's Sales Bible is a violation of this guys book the Sales Bible, so I had to change the title of the book...at least my publisher did! the guy wasn't very nice about it, and yelled at the from the very first moment, when I just had answered the phone.

You know, after 30 years of books and talks, I don't like to be spoken to that way, but what the hell! I hope that he feels better now. I would have had the publisher change the title anyway, with out the noise.

This week will be quite for the average sales person, and we ARE going into the Holiday season. It funny to me the number of people who tell me that they have all these parties to go to, so they cannot sell. I think that is bull. How many parties to you have schedule from now until the end of they year. I think that I have 2!

Watched some TV last night and read. I am in the process of reading 3 books, i tend to do that, but nothing about sales. I am writing the newest book about the Experienced (read "old")Sales Person. Today I have to complete another chapter, and then write an article for the website.

OK, that's it.

Good Selling,

Steve

BTW: about the comment on Thanksgiving, I did not mean to be PC. Nevertheless, there are poeople who do not celebrate and I wanted to include them!

4 comments:

Bert said...

Stephan,
I "discovered" you while waiting at the counter at Kinco's in Jackson, Tennessee last week... at least I discovered your book 25 Sales Habits, which I bought. I've added 5 more titles since so you're way ahead of my reading ability but just having them is reassuring.
Thanks for being there and doing it the "right way."
Bert Carson
Huntsville, AL

Anonymous said...

Do you still use the prop of the two donkeys fighting over the bale of hay withe the punchline, "you can't negotiate with an ass" in your speeches? No truer words were ever spoken

Vicki L.

Max Rosenthal said...

Stephan -
This sounds like Gitomer if you ask me. Its a shame that Mr. Gitomer is more concerned with stuffing his wallet rather than stuffing the head of sales people with knowledge. I will buy your book no matter what you decide to title it.

Anonymous said...

Get real! You have too much to be worried about one person!