Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I HATE the phone

Here I am sitting, waiting for the phone to ring. My prospect and I had set a time for 3pm to have a conference call. But he had to put it off for another hour. And as usual it is the sales guy that is sitting waiting for the phone to ring. Doesn't that just drive you nuts! I do not understand why that happens, it would not happen if we were meeting in person, but the phone is an easy way to get blown off for the day.

Maybe there is something we could do to stop this practice. First, send an email to the person reminding them of the call. NAH, that doesn't work any better.

OK, lets try a letter or Fedex mail to them. NAH, that doesn't seem to work.

Let's call the assistant to make sure that everyone knows the time of the call. That really doen't work any better.

OK: here is it. Don't use the phone! Go see the person if possible.

Short of that, WAIT. That for me is a crappy plan!

Good Selling,Steve

No comments: