Friday, August 17, 2007

Five Tips for you; the sales person

So, what are the five tips that you could use today. I worked with a group of mangers last week in California. Afterwards we talked about the reps and came up with the following:

1. always prospect, even if in the last thing you wanted to do today
2. maintain that positive attitude. It does not mean that bad thing will not happen, but at least you can recover
3. stay away from that slump feeling. It is easy to get into the August slump, don't let that happen
4. talk to your manager often. They may not be able to help you every time (no kidding) but at least they understand where you are
5. get real about yourself. It's all about the sale, but that does not mean jump off the building if it doesn't happen for you today, or even tomorrow.

good selling, Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve,

I'm a Mortgage Professional in Southern California...watching our industry implode. I'm considering making a change OUT of lending into something else. I like teaching, but I love selling too. What are to odds I could go to work for a Franchise of yours since I lace the Additional Capital to open my own up ?

James Matthews
Sr. Loan Officer
Wholesale Mortgage Source
Suite 301
Temecula, Ca 92590
Office: (951) 296-1914
Fax: (951) 296-1633
Cell: (951) 775-2589
Email: james.wms@verizon.net
Alternate: loan_aranger28@yahoo.com

Stephan Schiffman said...

The franchises are great, but let's talk.

ss