Sunday, February 3, 2008

BACK,now!

For those who have been watching this page, you know that I have been traveling so much. Nevertheless, I am sorry that I haven't been keeping up to date with ther happeniings is sales.

First, let me thank everyone who was so great to us in Russia. We were in Moscow for over a week and had a great time. More importantly, we were able to teach some of the important skills in sales to a group of people that really wanted to learn! The best part of the week was that each session brough to me new challenges and tested what we know to be good techniques. Our audienecs were open to hearing about them, and also questioned well each item until we go it right for them!

And that is what sales is about, getting it right for THEM not for YOU. Each of us thinks that when we sell it is about us, but the opposite is true. We really need to be able to understand the other guy and get the concepts across to them in a way that they understand it. That is true no matter what you sell, or teach.

Speaking of selling, I mentioned the economy to you last week, and I was right that there is increasingly more news thast we will be going into a recession. If you start to believe that, ot will happen to your sales. Don't let yourself fall into the belief that all is falling apart. I never did, and it never happened to me. I was asked, when I was in LA this past week, how to sell through a difficult time, and the answer is the same one that I give all the time. Work harder! UH? Yes, work harder. I know someone told you to work smart not hard. Well, that it good advise is you have $44Million in the back, or maybe just 40. For for most of us, it is about HARD work.

So, lets get to it, and I am sorry that I have not been here for the week, and I promise it will not happen again.

Good selling,

Steve

BTW: thanks to my Irish friend who writes to tell me the best time to plant a tree was ten years ago. The second best time, is now!

BTW: spell check isn't working, so please exscuse the obvious mistakes that I did not pick up.

BTW: thank you for your comments. There seems to be more people reading this this blog, and I will try to get more specific about the sales experience and a little more personal, as you have asked.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, please let me know when you'll be coming to los angeles, I'd love to learn a thing or two :)!

Anonymous said...

How do you know that when every sales person sells that it is about them?

Stephan Schiffman said...

In addressing the second comment. Most sales people tend to project themselves into the sales process. And with all the work that I have done with them, I see over again, that they sometimes forget to make sure is about the propsect, not them.

BTW: put your in your name.

ss

Stephan Schiffman said...

In addressing the second comment. Most sales people tend to project themselves into the sales process. And with all the work that I have done with them, I see over again, that they sometimes forget to make sure is about the propsect, not them.

BTW: put your in your name.

ss