Monday, February 25, 2008

Economy!

I am getting reports that the economy is starting to hurt sales in a variety of industries. Are you finding it that way, too? I am not sure of this yet, since I have been through a number of recessions, and it takes a lot to stop sales. As I mentioned, people still need to by the basics. This is especially true in the B2B world.

On the consumer end, there maybe a slow down as gas prices goes up, and the price of bread in rising too! Did you know that food went up 4% last year. That is simply based on the fact that grain is being exported and alsoused for bio fuels. When they use grain to make gas, or at least talk about it, it means higher prices for the farmers who in turn charage us more. Also, the US still exports food to the rest of the world, so the pressure there is great.

This global warming trend has everyone nuts, and I predict that you will see that blamed for a lack of sales, or higher prices in the near future.

Let me know what you think, I am interested. We may even take a pole about who should run for president!

Good selling,

Steve

No comments: