Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2 Sales guys

Two great sales guys showed up at my door this afternoon to talk about a new service that they thought that I might need. While the meeting was good, my conclusion was not in their favor, and here is why.

I am using a competitor, and frankly I see them as being the same. There is no way, other than price could they differentiate themselves from the other company, and there was no need for me to change.

Nevertheless, they did a good job of asking questions, but could not get over the "change" issue. I had trained their company before, so I even knew what their product could do...but again not a reason to change.

Here's the take away, if you know that "change" is going to be the obstacle, then have the answer for it.

I give them credit, though, for a good job.

Good selling,

Steve

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

So if you trained their company, then you are admiting that you and your training are useless and ineffective, otherwise they would have been prepared.

Anonymous said...

Those two sales people should know, that maybe it was for the best---who knows, maybe you could have been a very difficult, demanding client, not profitable or worth their time and effort in the end???

Anonymous said...

Or you don't live up to your financial obligations.....