Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Calling today and tomorrow

Are there really born sales people and can everyone really sell. I think that the answer is no to both. While there are people who seem to have a natural skill to selling, there are others who are scared of the word, and maybe that is the way it should be.

I remember many years ago the controversy about the born sales person. There are books about it, and especially in the 60's and 70's people would ask that question. When I first started selling, I was really bad, it fact so bad, I was not going to make it at all.

When I started the business, I needed to get sales for me. I realized that no one was going to CALL me, so I needed to call them. That really started everything, since it was after I realized that fact (duh) that business started to take off. It was then that I realized that no body at the time, had an effective way to set appointments. I tape recorded the calls that I made and listened over and over again, until I could handle anything that any one said to me. And there it was, the real start.

It took me several month before I got my own message. Listen to me now, make the calls like they really matter.

Good Selling,

Steve

No comments: