Monday, May 12, 2008

Rain

It's Monday, and I was going to be traveling today, but then on Saturday I get an email saying that the meeting has been put off. I don't think that there is anything more frustrating than being cancelled out the day before. What are these people thinking about.

Has that happened to you, of course it has, but it still is upsetting. It's just plan rude or at least inconsiderate.

I remember years ago I had a rep who went to see a particular sales manager, and every time he went there, the guy would stand him up. I finally called him myself, and said, what are you doing, why set the meeting (3X) and not keep it. He said to me that sales people have to learn to put up with tough guys and that is the way it is! Needless to say, I had something things to tell him about treating people.

Sales people get enough crap as it is, they don't need it from a SALES manager!

There is really nothing that you can do; although I have called companies and told them that we would not be doing business with them, since they were not the kind of people that we like.

Today, in NYC anyway, will be one of those rainy, cold, nasty days when sales reps look to stay inside. Don't blame, but stay focused, and keep pushing ahead.

Looks like the Clinton's will have to make the big decision soon.

Good selling,

Steve

No comments: