Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday time to write

Today is one of those days when my biggest job will be to work on developing an outline for two additional books, and proof another. It is early now, and I am out of the city, sitting at the desk with my notes in front of me.

I can not seem to get going. I never have writer's block. For some reason I do now and I am thinking through everything and can not find the path to write.

The three books are the Experienced Salesperson which is done but needs to be re-read, the other two are new. One is on organizational skills for sales people and the next is on Becoming Green in sales. They are all so different and my focus is off.

I checked the other day to see how easy, or not, it was to find this blog, and may add the word "blog" to the title, which seems to help. I am not sure. There are any number of people who visit this site, I know that, but I would like to increase that twice fold. Many of the clients have told me that it really does help them in two ways. The first is that they DO get some tips on sales. The second ; that we are all the same. I get stood up on appointments, not every sale closes and not every day is good. I have really tried to give a real taste of the day when I write to you, and I am getting the feeling that it helps you.

Some of you suggested that I stay away from politics, and others say stay with it. So that is mixed, but I will keep it up anyway.

OK, enough, time to write or maybe watch the TODAY show for awhile. A friend of mine who is also a writer, plays video games when he can't work.

Good Selling,

Steve

4 comments:

Max Rosenthal said...

Steve - I always assumed you were going going for the 'Being John Malkovich' style blog. Are you familar with the 1999 movie? This guy discovers a mysterious portal, which when entered transports him into the consciousness of actor John Malkovich allowing him to observe the world through the eyes of his host. If not, there are numerous ways to drive subscribers and most of them are at no cost. I also think you are missing an opportunity by not starting to provide podcasts.

OshaLenĂº said...

I am wondering why don't anybody writes you... but well...
First of all I have to be very thankfull for opening my eyes to a whole new different world, the first book that I read from you is the cold calling techniques... and we don't even do cold calling but what is called warm calling, anyhow since that book I started getting interested in whatever you wrote and bought two other books... My income right now is not as big as i wanted to, if it was i would've bought already all of your books I think. I repeat, I'm thankful, my way of talking even changed.

Defmall said...

Steve -

the bests way to get people to read your blog is to get yourself regarded as an Expert in the field. You a have already done that to the market that is looking for sales training, but let me make a suggestion that you may not have considered:

See how I am commenting your blog? Take some time each day to read OTHER blogs on sales, business, sales training, etc and comment on THEM. As you get a reputation amongst the readers of these blogs (and fellow comment-ers) you will find them reading YOUR blog(s) as well...and perhaps even reccomending it to THIER colleagues.

Since you are a professional, this next part goes wihtout saying, but I'll say it to those who know less: Your comments have to say more than "I agree! Read my Blog!" Be sure that youa re leaving equally valuable advice so your rep as an 'expert' grows...not your rep as a 'yenta'!

Good Selling!

Max Rosenthal said...

Steve -
How about sending a marketing type email discussing your blog and include a link to all those address you capture during your webinars?

Max