Monday, June 25, 2007

Plan and plan and plan

Sunday night is always a good night for me. I have my own sales meeting with myself. Sounds nuts doesn't it? But what it does for me, any way, is give me the opportunity to think through each of the prospects I have and plan what I will do with each of them.

Plan and Plan again:
evaluate the week and plan out each day
prioritize what you need to get done "A" "B" "C" etc.
write out the telephone calls that you need to make
get the list of new people to call together, don't wait for Monday
and finally
get up on Monday with a "will do" attitude.

good selling,
Steve

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Steve
I'm just writing and rewriting my script, I'm having a little bit of a problem with one of your suggestions. In your book on page 65 "send me some literature" you suggest a very straight forward response. "Can't we just get together? How about next Tuesday at 3?" I've been praticing on my wife and she feels this particular response is too much like begging, like a 17 year old asking for a date. Have you found this to be your experience, or have you been successful using this response?

My wife suggested saying something like "We would really perfer to meet with you in person and wouldn't take up more then 20 minutes of your time would thursday at 3 work for you?"

Thanks for your advice .

Stan

Stephan Schiffman said...

First, it doesnt sound like begging for a date, I know what that sounds like! I've done it! Actually, it depends on how you say it, more of a statement or an idea.

With reference to the 30 mintue call, I think that is not effective since you really want their complete attention.

When somone says to me how much time will it take I say, What can you give me. They usually give me an hour. Try it,
stan