Friday, June 15, 2007

So I am back

As I wrote last timeI was leaving for the UK on sales calls, and wanted to let you know what took place. I actually had three meetings two with existing clients, and the third with someone new to us.

The meeting with the existing clients went well. And by the way, the way thatI start those meeting is by saying that I really am here for a customer call; to see if we have done the job that you expected. It then gives me the opportunity to tell about some of the ideas that I might have for them for the future. The problem is that when you see an existing client what do you really say to them, that they have not heard before. If you say,what can I sell you today, that will go no where. But if I come in with a fresh idea, maybe on some project that they are working on, I have a better chance of getting more business.

With the new prospect, I was successful and not successful at the same time. The fact is that they liked what I had to say. But, there is no next step. That is to say there is nothing that will happen within a reasonable period of time. I will talk about the "next step" strategy tomorrow.

Good Selling,
Steve

No comments: